Need some last-minute gift ideas for the NFL-lovin’ guy in your life? We’ve got you covered with our all-dude edition of the gift guide. (That’s not to say that women wouldn’t like some of the same things – we just picked them out with some of the guy fans we know in mind.)
1. Game Tickets (varies) – Doesn’t matter if you’re a dude or a chick – if you like football, tickets to a game are always appreciated. Stubhub and Ticket Exchange are your best bets for legit in-demand tickets, especially playoff ones.
2. Memorabilia (varies) – Football fans appreciate history and memorabilia is a piece of that history. Personally, I’m not into it (says the girl with the signed Backstreet Boys CD), but some people really appreciate something signed by one of their favorite players. If you’re feeling cheap, you can always buy a regular football and a Sharpie and scribble on it.
4. Tie clip ($34) – There are some hideous NFL ties out there. A tie clip is a much classier way to proclaim your fandom.
5. A really big hi-def TV ($400+) – Hate to say it, but the size of the TV is really important when it comes to watching football. I lived in blissful ignorance for years until I moved in with someone who had a large hi-def flat-screen. It’s nice to be able to see what’s happening.
6. Shot glass ($6.95) – Seven bucks for one shot glass is a little steep, but do you really think you’re going to remember how much the shot glass cost if you’re using it correctly?
7. Zubaz ($39.95) – The Gronkowski brothers brought Zubaz back on the radar in 2012 and now they are officially licensed by the NFL. While their attractiveness is debatable, they certainly are versatile. After all, “these are the pants the Gronk’s have been seen wearing on the beach, in the weight room, on the golf course and anytime they want to Get Hyped!”
8. Football movies ($10.19, varies) – What’s a man to do when football season ends? Watch football movies, of course! We found this 4-pack of classic football movies on Amazon that gives you the best bang for your buck.
9. Slow Getting Up: A Story of NFL Survival from the Bottom of the Pile by Nate Jackson ($9.78) – We’ve only read an excerpt from this book, but it got excellent reviews when it was released last year. The New York Times reviewer said, “Slow Getting Up is everything you want football memoirs to be but never are: hilarious, dirty, warm, human, honest, weird.”
10. Baseball cap ($29.99, varies) – If your guy wears baseball caps, you really can’t go wrong with one representing his team. We featured a Patriots throwback one on here because some guys really seem to appreciate the throwback logos.
Did we miss anything? Let us know in the comments below!
– Michelle and Val